Licensed practical nurses work full time, on site in Hunter NY. All LPNs work in a complete and mutually supportive team with the Cabin Counselors, Program Staff, Kitchen Staff, and Administration, and campers to ensure that the campers (and staff) are safe and healthy during their stay at Camp Loyaltown.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume responsibility for the review of medical records, preparation and administration of daily medications to the assigned unit
- Seek current info on campers’/staff’s state of well-being by discussions with unit administrator, cabin counselors and direct observations at mealtimes and evening activities
- Maintain ongoing communication with camper’s family/guardian, and/or residential setting regarding ongoing health issues/concerns
- Participate in daily activity of running the clinic portion of the infirmary. To follow routine first aid/triage approach to care of campers and staff
- Participate in daily activities of running the in-patient portion of the infirmary
- Make arrangements for Medical evaluation if condition warrants at local urgent care center, or emergency room
- To follow up with urgent care, emergency room, or hospital to keep up to date medical information, and plan appropriate care in the event of illness/injury
- Make arrangements at local pharmacy to obtain prescriptions/supplies
- Take night call and/or backup call as schedule requires
- Respond to all emergencies/seizures/falls occurring on camp
- Participate in orientation education activities
- Administer Hepatitis B Vaccines
- Obtain and maintain Health Records for staff
- Collect and manage all staff medications
- Assist staff with completion of insurance paperwork
- New York State Professional Nursing Certification.
- CPR/AED Certification.
View our current job openings by clicking here.